Rupert Neve Designs Newton Channel 5034 Mic Pre + EQ + Compressor with Silk
Newton Channel Strip Rupert Neve Designs 5034 Mono Channel Strip with Class A Mic/Line Preamp, 3-band EQ, Compressor, Silk Harmonic Enhancement, Custom Transformer Outputs, and 8-segment LED Meters, For Recording and Mixing Applications
Rupert Neve Designs Newton Channel is an intuitive, high-quality channel strip that provides engineers, producers, and artists with modern functionality and classic sound on demand for a wide variety of recording and mixing applications.
The Newton Channel features a classic Rupert Neve mic pre, custom transformers, and Class-A line amplifiers for a huge headroom and punchy, larger-than-life sound.
The discrete 3-band EQ section with fully sweepable mid-band provides flexible and musical controls to quickly sculpt your sound. The discrete compressor section features a fast and smooth VCA circuit to gently tame transients or apply heavy compression.
Silk Red and Blue Saturation lets you dial in subtle richness or over-the-top vintage-style harmonic saturation using a simple set of controls. Other features include 31-position detented control knobs to accurately recall and match your settings with speed and precision.
A Stereo Link Switch allows you to link the gain reduction of two Newton compressors for powerful stereo-bus processing. Located in the unit’s 1 RU rack-mountable chassis is a universal power supply with IEC connection for worldwide AC power from 100-240 VAC.
- Sumptuous Rupert Neve sound; superlative specs across the board
- Frequency response: <10Hz–30kHz (+/-0.1dB); <5Hz–70kHz (+/-0.25dB); <5Hz–140kHz (-3dB)
- Input: Balanced XLR/TRS combo jack input (may be used for mic or line signals)
- 48V phantom power: Push-button switch illuminates RED when engaged
- Class A mic preamp; Gain: 72dB, including 6dB of fine trim control
- Ø (Polarity): Push-button switch illuminates amber when engaged
- Trim: 31-detent potentiometer allows adjustment of preamp gain within a range of +/-6dB
- HPF: Push-button switch illuminates green when highpass filter (adjustable from 20Hz–250Hz) is engaged
- EQ section: 3-band, +/-12dB, with LF and HF shelves (2 selectable frequencies each) and midband peaking (31 selectable frequencies)
- Compressor with threshold, release, make-up gain, and pre/post EQ switch
- Variable Silk harmonic enhancement with Red and Blue modes and 31-step Texture (amount) control
- 8-segment LED meters indicate compressor gain reduction (dB) and output level (dBu)
- Custom transformer outputs: Balanced XLR main line-level output; separate -6dBu XLR output
- Ground Lift: helps isolate unit from ground interference (operable on both outputs)
- Link: 1/4-inch TRS jack for linking 2 Newton Channel compressors stereo operation
- Internal universal power supply provides reliable 90–240V power worldwide
- IEC AC power inlet with integrated power switch
- Robust 1U rackmount chassis
- Handcrafted by Rupert Neve Designs in the USA